VnV Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascention, the search for Vehemence

+8
Adhemar Darc
James T SELF
Michael Croatia
bob uzzell
RayDeg
Widah Xulub
Raine Castle
Vehemence
12 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ascention, the search for Vehemence - Page 6 Empty Re: Ascention, the search for Vehemence

Post by Adhemar Darc Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:48 pm

As the Throne room doors open and Baron Croatia and James’ men run into the room a strong vision enters Defiant’s mind. A vision he is not unfamiliar with, one of the destruction of the Genovian home world, Sha Ka Ree, although this version is replete with inaccuracies. He remembers the man who Yrkoon refers to although the facts are not what Yrkoon claims.
As the vision clears his mind, Defiant raises his head to greet his comrades!

Defiant: Baron Croatia, Pleased to meet you finally.

Croatia: Likewise. Lord Defiant. I just wish it was under better circumstances.

Defiant: Bright Sword you have there!!

Croatia: Yes, it is. there must be some a very dark presents here!!!

Defiant: Yes, there is, His name is Yrkoon, the Arch Chancellors nephew.

Defiant continues: Baron Croatia, Yrkoon although strong in evil presence is not the alfa presence here, there is something more, someone more. I am not yet completely sure what it is but I believe……. The conversation is cut short by Yrkoons hideous cackle and statement;

"Foolisch mortals, it's not me you need to be afraid of! Its my nephew's demon master! Lord Arioch! Duke of Hell to whom little Vehemence here owes a debd greater then any of you can imagine! And I've made sure My nephew is here when Duke Arioch comes to collect!

HAhaahAAAHAhhaaaahaaaa!"

Yrkoon rasied his hands and started to chant. This chant Defiant vaguely recognized from his visions as a child.

Yrkoon chants:

Almachtige heer der onderwereld! Heerser Arioch! Aanvaard de offers die ik heb gebracht! Daal neer in mijn lichaam, en neem uw rechtmatige wraak op mijn onwaardige neef...

As Yrkoon continued his chanting, the room seemed to darken, all light seemed to be purged from reality, until the room was filled with shadows creaded by Yrkoons magical aura. Lightning bolts and fire seemed to creep along the ceiling down the pillars to the floor, cracling on its way down creating bright blue and orange flashes as it jumped from one arch to the next.

The Blade of Geneve burst into flame in Defiants hand, it has not been for many centuries the blade burned visibly, not since the last showing of a chaos lord in Genovian history.
Defiant removes a disk from the crest in his armor and snaps it into the hilt of his blade.
The disk bears an eight sided star covered by a single arrow pointing to the left, the symbol of the Grey Lords. The blade once more hums quietly although orange and yellow flames seem to emanate from the length of the blade.

Defiant holds his sword before himself, arms crossed and eyes closed and quietly recites ;

Vetus animus of Imperator rector mihi , succurro mihi quod meus paganus ut evinco malum ut dictata ipsum nobis hodie!
Duco me terminus quo malum est licitus obduco , succurro nos ut evinco Dux ducis of Chaos. EGO dico in thee Grey Dominatio!

OOC: (Chant in English) Ancient souls of Geneve guide me, assist me and my countrymen to defeat the evil that presents itself to us today
Draw with me the limit to where evil is allowed passage; assist us to defeat the Duke of Chaos. I call on thee Grey Lords!
Adhemar Darc
Adhemar Darc
Foreign Diplomat

Back to top Go down

Ascention, the search for Vehemence - Page 6 Empty Re: Ascention, the search for Vehemence

Post by Maenhout Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 am

Not 5 minutes after the broadcast of Arch Chancellor's office, 10 black warships jumped into system.
Their sleek hulls dully reflected the light of the distant sun as they sped towards Thera.

In the CIC of the leading ship, chancellor Maenhout looked at the tactical read-out on the main terminal screen.
The first officer droned information about the situation on the planet.

"Riots have broken out in sectors 6, 9 and 12...
Masses are at the gates of the palace...
Reports of uprising in the main administratum building...
Reports of armed units approaching Chancellor Widah's quarters on the south wing..."

"Captain George," the chancellor said "you know what to do."

Muttering orders into his comm-link, the captain took his leave.

Looking around the CIC, Chancellor Maenhout stepped out of the CIC towards the docking bays, while a squad of marines fell into stride behind him.

The 5 warships spewed out scores of gunships into the blackness of space.

The comm kept on spewing information.
"No read-outs of Arch Chancellor Vehemence's whereabouts...
Reports of gunfire at the south wing...
The Praetorian Fleet is moving to intercept at entrypoint omega...
Riots have reached the gates in sectors 4, 9 and 16...
Walls breached in sectors 15, 19 and 20...
Reports of warships with VnV-insignia in orbit, not part of Praetorian Fleet...
..."

Maenhout chose to ignore it all, and stepped up to assess the distance they still had to go.
Anticipating his thoughts, the pilot confirmed that the first gunships had already reached the palace grounds, and that they would reach it in 1,4 minutes.

Huge chuncks of masonry fell out of the buildings as the gunships pumped scores of missiles into it.
Marines were already entering the building from the ground floor to retreive the archives of the nation, stored within the buildings of Vehemence's administratum.
The technicians on board Maenhout's fleet had done a wonderfull job isolating LILITH, so she no longer held reign over these buildings.

"Any readings on Chancellor Xulub?"
"No commander, all lifesigns inside the palace are being blocked by LILITH, it appears she's going nuts sir."

Thoughtfully, Maenhout stepped out of the guncutter as it landed.
He could hear cries growing louder at the other side of the compound.

"Marines!" he yelled "firing positions."

The marines took op positions at the edge of the gardens surrounding the buildings.
Three guncutters turned and swarmed out over the gardens.

"Commander, there's a mob advancing on your positions... I estimate more than a 1000 people."
"Marines, fire when you have the opportunity." Maenhout said into his comm.
Looking at his watch, he saw that the evac of all files would still take 2 minutes.
"Guncutters, start firing when you have a target."

The missilepods of the guncutters overhead started belching missiles.

Maenhout looked over at the palace and wondered what was happening there. He had gotten the distresscall of the administratum a week ago, saying that something was awry with things in the palace.
He was gratefull the administratum had waited with releasing the news about V's resignation untill he had been close by.

The marines opened fire as more and more people started flooding into the gardens. It was turning into a killing field.
6 more guncutters had opened fire upon the masses.

"Archives gathered sir." it sounded through the comm.

"Marines, fall-back, we're leaving."

"Captain George, have you gathered Chancellor Widah's staff?"
"Yes sir." The sound of gunfire was deafening through the broadcast of the captain.
"Fall back, I'll see you in orbit."

Having said that, Chancellor Maenhout stepped back into his gunship, his marines stepping in beside him, still firing into the gardens.

Last edited by Maenhout on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maenhout
Maenhout
Chancellor
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vehemence Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 pm

As Yrkoon continued his chanting... the room seemed to fill with and enormous pressure. The air shimmered and the leaps of slame and lighting became so frequent that he room seemed to be illuminated with stroboscopic lights. The palace itself seemed to moan and shiver, several big cracks appeared in the surrounding pillars and walls, dust and debris started falling down from the ceiling. Yrkoon seemed not to notice.
Defiant, Croatia and Widah stood not far from where Vehemence lay sprawled on the ground. As the energy in the room continued to rise, the flames and the lightning in the room seemed to focus on several points, Both the blades seemed to attackt the bolts and flamewaves, the necklace Widah had taken from the slavegirl & Yrkoon upon the dias with his arms spread into the air. Most of the energy seemed to flow to him but widah noticec a strange pattern, though these focal points seemed to get more attention of the energy, it seemed to be looking for something, and whatever it was it had not found it yet: occasionally one of the bolts struck in a corner without reason, then behind a pillar and so on...

The other heroes followed James advice and ran towards the balcony, there they could see that a giant thunderstorm had it's eye straight above the palace, in the streets below a mass was moving covering the entire area, all of it were mutants trying to get into the palace. When one found an entrance at a window or a side door, the entire flow redirected as they poured into the lower levels of the palace. They had no idea how long it would take them to reach this floor, but when they did even magical swords and repeater blaster cannons would not be able to stop the onslaught. Several gunships dropped from the clouds and started bombing the streets and buildings around the palace.

... to be continued
Vehemence
Vehemence
Chancellor
Chancellor

https://sfvnvalliance.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Castle Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:31 am

Raine stood at the balcony with the others looking to the strange occurrence in the sky. and they could see the masses of what used to be human pouring in around the palace.

She grabbed at the bag of dice at her side. She often used the dice in time of crises to divine what course she must take. The woman she had always known as her mother had told her these dice were the bones of her ancestors.

And considering the scrapes these dice got her out of, she had no reason to doubt that somehow her ancestors spoke thru them. She was a scavenger and no warrior, so taking the dice from her side she knelt to the floor on the balcony and prayed as the old woman had taught her.

"Ancient ones you are before me,
as I will be to generations yet to come.
Aid me this day,
as my need is great.
Speak to me
and show me the way."

She proceeded then to cast the dice before her in hope that the number runes would somehow tell her how she and her comrades would get out of this, with their Arch Chancellor.

Now the roiling lightning that was arching through the throne room struck at the spot where the dice had landed. and threw Raine back with the force of it's strike. One of the others picked her up off the floor.

When she turned around to see what remained of her precious dice, there stood 15 naked men, Each looking vaguely familiar to her. One stepped forward and said, "You called us in your hour of need. I'm sorry daughter, but we have no advice to give you. But we will stand by you and your friends and fight if we have to. This is all we can offer."

They turned and walked away into the throne room, picking weapons and armor off the bodies that lay there.

Well that was strange. James T SELF asked, "Does that sort of thing happen often Lady Raine?"

Raine standing in shock replied, "uh-uh."

They reverted there attention back to what was going on outside figuring the dice men could well take care of themselves.

Raine Castle
Raine Castle
Marquess
Marquess

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:38 pm

On the bridge of the Duke Anton:

Captain!! We have company!!! (10 black warships jumped into system.
Their sleek hulls dully reflected the light of the distant sun as they sped towards Thera.)

BATTLE STATIONS!!!! YELLS THE CAPTAIN!!

Commander Croatia, this is the Duke Anton, come in!!

Croatia: Duke Anton, I am a little busy down hear, Captain what do you need?

DA: Sir, we have company up here.

Croatia: What now!! we can't catch a break here!! Ok Captain, You know the drill, go to full alert and do not fire unless fired upon. Is that understood?

DA: Yes, Sir

Croatia: And Captain, don't wait for orders to fire. Any hostile act toward any VnV Nation's ships is an attack on our ships. is that understood.

DA: Yes sir.

OCC: I will add more here when I get a chance
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:48 pm

OOC: time for me to play around I guess.

Aboard the Command Apollo Racacacoon 1, Lord Grabby was waiting as the autopilot did it's best to avoid the incoming volleys from what planetary defenses were remaining. They seemed to shoot randomly at ghost's whether this was due to the jamming of the VNV fleets over head or due to the loss of the main control system Grabby didn't know what he did know was that they seemed to be pretty darned accurate for random shooting.

Lord Grabby over Racacacoon Fleet coms: Alright pilots loosen up and make sure your autopilots are set to avoidance mode. All gun crews prepare to open hatches and have your precision shooters target anything that ain't supposed to be there.

As the small craft and it's larger brethren descended below the cloud layer readouts started to become clearer. Ahead Grabby could see several dark craft flitting about over the city and a few more on the ground near the palace. Upon reading the IFF tags presented on the tablet display in front of him he was surprised to see Chancellor Maenhout's craft was one of the ones that appeared to be just lifting off.

"Oy this situation keeps getting twistier and twistier" Grabby said to himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Widah Xulub Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Amidst the tumult caused by whatever ancient diabolical ritual Yrkoon performed lay Vehemence's still unconscious body sprawled across the steps before the Ruby Throne. Seeing their indomitable arch chancellor in such a vulnerable and diminished state unnerved Widah, and he was stricken with an urgent desire to go to him. If hope there be, then in him it lies, thought Widah.

He picked his way over the slain and made his way toward the dais as the others fled towards the War Room. Chunks of rock rained down from above as an errant bolt of electricity shattered the shoulder of one of the humanoid forms sculpted into the tops of the massive black marble pillars lining the throne room. Yrkoon's magic was gradually building toward great heights of wild power, spinning and swirling round the vast chamber invisible to the naked eye, but palpable, manifesting physically as myriad tendrils of fire and electricity snaking out in all directions igniting what fuel could be found among the dead and the austere decor. Indeed the room seemed the eye of an intense storm of elemental energy. Smoke and vapor churned. Wind whipped, but all these things touched Widah not at all. The sword pendant around his neck was now quite heavy for its small size. It vibrated visibly and rattled against his armor.

Widah reached the dais unperturbed by the demonic storm called forth by V's own cousin and leapt the last couple meters over the mound of broken and dismembered bodies encircling V's prone form. Widah knelt before him. Vehemence appeared to have bled from many minor wounds. None looked mortal; in fact, closer inspection revealed V's most recent body's strange powers of regeneration were still at work mending damaged tissue. Why then is he still unconscious, Widah asked himself. Widah gently but insistently tried to rouse his liege-lord, but conventional methods failed.

"There's something strange going on here," spoke Widah into his com-link, chuckling to himself at his own gross understatement. "V is still alive. There doesn't seem to be any good reason for him to be unconscious, yet I cannot rouse him."

"We're on the balcony trying to secure transport out of here," James replied. "There's no way we're fighting our way out of this one."

"Get V and get out of there!" Raine cried.

"Wait. I've got an idea. It'll only take a minute," Widah countered.

"Just hurry the frack up! The whole city is swarming with mutants, and they're headed straight for the palace!" growled Grizzly.

Widah pulled his armored gloves off, and placed each hand at specific points on Vehemence's body--one on his head and the other on his chest--hoping Ymyrrian metaphysiology was similar enough to humans for this to work.

(to be continued)

Last edited by Widah Xulub on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Widah Xulub
Widah Xulub
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Widah Xulub Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Widah prepared his mind in earnest. The dampening power of the pendant helped free himself from the significant distractions in the ensorceled chamber in order to enter the trance-like state necessary to establish a telepathic link with his arch chancellor. From there Widah hoped to delve into Vehemence's mind to discover if what Widah feared was true--that V had fallen prey to a psychic weapon that imprisoned the mind and tortured the soul by reliving moments of supreme pain and despair, or so the legends went.

His mind emptied of noise, he worked on the link. He had never attempted, let alone mastered, what he now dared, but necessity drove him on. He understood well its underlying principles, yet had only watched holos or read books that detailed the actual technique. He mouthed a simple prayer for guidance, and focused his intent on the other half of the link, his friend whose mind might be ensnared by evil and ancient magic. Hearing tales of such things had always challenged his faith in his teachers being born in an age of science and technology, but what he had witnessed this day dispelled the last vestiges of doubt. Truly anything is possible.

"Yes, there is evidence of foul play here," thought Widah, sensing the ill-intentioned taint of a third mind, probably Yrkoon's. Below the surface layers of V's consciousness, Widah became awash in strong negative emotions further evincing that V was indeed trapped within his own unconscious. Widah probed deeper. The waking world was soon left behind entirely, and a new one came into focus before his "eyes".

The scene erupted violently into being with the thunder of explosions near and far, the roar and whine of military craft streaking overhead, the reports of small arms and artillery fire, and the shouts and screams of those doing the killing and those doing the dying. Much was obscured by the dust and ash and the columns of black smoke that billowed skyward, but it was clearly an invasion Widah witnessed as his center of attention drifted downward, gravitating toward the object of his intent. The black dropships and assault craft he could see faced light opposition. The boots they were putting on the ground were mopping up what resistance remained or securing civilian and uniformed prisoners. Widah was heading toward the smoldering ruins of a settlement. He adjusted to his new reality. He and it became more substantial. It was hot, and it smelled of soot, death, and ozone.

The town below was not completely subdued. Widah's vector had him flying toward a small skirmish. Intermittent energy discharges were punctuated by a thin ribbon of red light that whipped back and forth snake-strike fast. "A strange sort of plasma weapon," he thought. Then he was struck by a wave of a very physical sensation; tingles of recognition cascaded through him as a shock of white hair came into view.

Of course Vehemence is exactly whom Widah expected to find, but it had suddenly occurred to him that he might have difficulty surviving this encounter if he failed to prove himself a friend to a Vehemence of the past. It quickly became evident that V was fighting alone. He was a skirmish line of one. He moved blindingly fast which, from a smoke-obscured distance, created the illusion of multiple wielders of that weapon of disconcerting deadliness. This would be no sparring match.

A growing tinge of fear made Widah become denser, and he dropped the last ten or fifteen feet to the ground heavily. This reality seemed to him as convincing as the waking world from which he had just detached. A primal urge to survive wrestled for mastery with his intellect. He succeeded in edging silently towards the fighting.

Vehemence dispatched his last foe with a flick of his whip. Hands, weapon, and head parted from the body of a defender, and all fell smoking to the upturned earth and scattered rubble. V's shoulders slumped. The laserwhip retracted into its hilt, and V stood with his chest heaving. His back to Widah, he queried without turning his head, "and who might you be?"

Last edited by Widah Xulub on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Widah Xulub
Widah Xulub
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vehemence Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:18 am

Vehemence dispatched his last foe with a flick of his whip. Hands, weapon, and head parted from the body of a defender, and all fell smoking to the upturned earth and scattered rubble. V's shoulders slumped. The laser whip retracted into its hilt, and V stood with his chest heaving. His back to Widah, he queried without turning his head, "and who might you be?"

Before Widah could respond, the entire scene disappeared as quickly as it had come, to be replaced by a starry night’s view from a balcony not unlike the one from Thera’s palace throne room. Soft cloth drapes were fluttering in the gentle wind caressing the pillars and the persons on the balcony with their gentle touch. Vehemence was there holding a smaller figure in a romantic embrace. Both were dressed in evening-attire, their backs turned to Widah they were apparently unaware of his presence.

After a few moments of silence, Vehemence wiped a tear of the young woman’s face. “Why are you crying?” He asked. “I’ll be back in a few cycles.” She released the embrace and walked to the edge of the balcony, wiping another tear herself and looking up towards the blackness of the night. In the distance, a fleet of ships was leaving the surface, their running lights but fireflies ascending one by one. With a broken voice she answered: “Why can’t you stay? Why can’t you just be this man I know and love, and leave the war to others!”

Vehemence stepped closer: “You know that is impossible, our men need my leadership. To show weakness so soon after father died… my brother would jump on it and rally support against me. He’s already opposed our relationship openly, and if you hadn’t asked me not too; I would have killed him for it … I have no other options now.” She nodded her head in denial. “There are always options … you just don’t see them. And while you’re off to war your brother can influence the court! I’m afraid don’t you see that? Afraid that you’ll return changed, that you’ll have become that cruel god your subjects make you to be!”

A servant entered the room where Widah was standing, also not paying any attention to the young Atlaenean. “My Lord, apologies, it is time.” Vehemence seemed unmoved by the young woman’s emotions. He turned around and simply said: “I have to leave, I’ll be back soon.”

She looked back at Vehemence as he followed the servant out of the room. Her sad face was turning to anger now. “What about a God of love? A God of care? A God of hope? A God of words? Why can’t you be THAT kind of God? That’s how I know you to be! That’s the god I love!” With a heavy thud the door closed behind Vehemence. She fell to her knees and wept. Between the tears Widah could hear her lament: “As the stars appear I know I'll find you staring at the sky; pointlessly reaching for some light you hope to guide your sorry way. Your body bleeding…, your body burned…, your body scarred…, around the cinder of your heart. A God as lost as you and blind! To fill your hollow soul again, you’ll seek a God to stand above you wrapping healing arms around you. You'll find another God of pain; A God of suffering and tears! Give yourself unto your God, Sacrifice yourself again. Burn your thoughts erase your will. Become a God of suffering and tears. Tie hallowed bonds around your hands, kneel before this seat of shame. A God as lost, a God as blind, a God of suffering and pain!”

Suddenly the wind flared up and tossed a piece of cloth in Widah’s face, he quickly removed it to see his surroundings had changed again. The smell of burned flesh and ozone had returned. Instinctively Widah’s hand went to and rested upon his laserweapon.

"and who might you be?"
Vehemence
Vehemence
Chancellor
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Widah Xulub Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:59 pm

"That is no Guardsman's uniform," Vehemence said, turning casually to face Widah, and looked him up and down. Seeing Widah's hand on the hilt of his weapon, V raised an eyebrow. " An expensive mercenary come to challenge me perhaps?"

Widah looked down cautiously to find his subconscious had conjured up the simple uniform he most often wore in place of his armor.

"A last desperate stroke to cut off the head of the serpent? The Paxites must have gambled the very last of their wealth on you. There's a certain fire in your eyes. Very well, let's try to make your end a glorious one."

Widah caught the slight shifting of V's feet as he poised himself. "Wait!"

With a crackling buzzing hum, Vehemence's lightwhip came to life. "Cold feet already? I honestly expected more courage from you. On your guard!"

Widah was forced to draw his blade to save himself as V struck with the preternatural quickness he had displayed for the Guardsmen.

Laughing, V exclaimed, "Excellent! You're very fast," as Widah parried the last of a series of probing attacks. "Who are you?" V wondered aloud, and launched another volley of lightning attacks with greater ferocity.

Pressed to his utmost, Widah hadn't time to consider what might happen if his body were to be destroyed in this dream-like reality, and fought for his life with all he had. The more time he spent focused on just surviving, the more the waking world he had left behind became the dream dimly remembered. His whole world was defending against that fearsome weapon. There was no room for error; only the flow.

Frictionless and unstrained his mind became, and so his body followed. He could not match the Ymyrrian bodily for speed, but relied instead on the higher faculty of intuition, possessed by all sentients, that he had developed to an unusual degree. It allowed him to anticipate the attack before Vehemence actually moved. Even still, V was a difficult one to read. Never had Widah been so challenged, but again necessity drove him to exceed his previous limits. It drove him deeper than he had ever been into what was known among members of his martial order simply as The Mode.

Sparks flew, and weapons crackled, buzzed, and hissed as Widah and Vehemence continued their dance of death. Abruptly V stopped. His eyes glinted with genuine amusement. "Brilliant! My, you really are good. Maybe the best human I have crossed, but you're holding back. You never press the attack, and I must know why. Who are you?"

In The Mode, the fear had left Widah, and V's question recalled to him his purpose. "I am Widah, a friend. I am come to free you from your prison."

Why does that name sound so familiar? "Indeed? Well then, what are you waiting for? Strike me down!"
Widah Xulub
Widah Xulub
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vehemence Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:29 am

Why does that name sound so familiar?
"Indeed? Well then, what are you waiting for? Strike me down!"

Vehemence held back a few moments, clearly waiting for Widah to take the offensive. When that didn’t happen, he seemed a bit disappointed. “A mercenary who doesn’t attack? The Paxites have outdone themselves this time hiring a fool like you. Come to free me from my prison have you? Jereck is held by no prison! You’re becoming rather tiresome, farewell!” With that last sentence, V held his lash-weapon up in greeting only to disappear from sight with the crackling of energy. Widah held his breath and awaited the onslaught, ready to defend himself.

The moment of silence seemed to last forever, but before he could gain awareness of Vehemence’s movement, a dark veil came over the scene. Again replacing it with what must have been Vehemence’s, or Jereck’s as he was called then, memories.

Widah found himself an unseen observer again, in a small courtyard with trees several Ymyrrian children were standing there with an adult, clearly a teacher of some kind. Next to the teacher hung a human male in chains to the wall, trembling terrified of what might happen to him.

“Well young ones, today we will discuss the race of humans, a physically and mentally inferior race. Does anyone here know why we must pay attention to these pitiful beings?
The Ymyrrian teacher looked around his class, most of the children seemed eager to answer, except one. Whom the teacher promptly addressed: “Jereck? Please tell us why this lowly creature is mentioned in our class?” Jereck, an albino boy, was the smallest of the group, and looked sickly in comparison to the other children. He looked up at the poor human, then at the tutor: “Because they have superior emotions…”

The class fell silent, all the other children were staring at Jereck. This answer was not what the teacher had in mind. “Of course not! How ridiculous! How could you claim ANY form of emotions to be a superior quality? Emotions and morality hinder everyday decision making, it’s the one flaw that keeps all the other races from reaching our superior intellect.” The other children started laughing, but there was no expression on Jerek’s face. “Yrkoon, tell your cousin what makes humans so different from the other races that they have a spot in our class?” The boy next to Jereck smiled tauntingly at Jereck first, then answered the question: “Because they breed like Paxian flee-rabbits!” “That is correct young master! The human race is classified as parasites: they swarm from planet to planet and use up all the resources available. Their numbers multiply several times over the course of a few centuries. Almost 60 percent of all inhabited planets in this galaxy are inhabited by these things so you better pay attention.”

The class continued, though they all spoke Ymyrrian natively Widah could clearly understand every word, the tutor mentioned human society, mating-habits, mental capabilities and lastly their physical constitution:

“Compared to us Ymyrrians, humans are feeble and slow creatures; their carbon-calcium bone structure limits their freedom of movement considerably. Their weak body requiring support en protection when using FTL-drive is what keeps them from infecting the entire galaxy. Also they have a very limited capacity to withstand pain which cripples the effectiveness of their soldiers. Observe closely children.” The teacher takes one of the human man’s limbs and with a quick jerck snaps the bone effortlessly. The man cries out in pain, all the children cheer save Jereck . With a few tools the teacher continues to point out all the various weak point of the human body, prodding, sticking and cutting the human in the process. A pool of blood is forming slowly beneath the crying and sobbing man, hanging lifelessly from his bindings. Ignoring the man’s pleas the tutor simply continues his monologue the Ymyrrian children still hanging from his lips.

Widah can’t help but feel horrified at the sight of this man being “tortured”. Realising it is but a memory he withholds himself from trying to interfere with the displayed events. The cruel Ymyrrian teacher goes even furter by opening the man’s abdomen and removing his lower organs one by one. The mutilated man screams and moans but a little as his pain-treshold is nearly reached. At least that’s how the tutor explains it to his pupils. “At this point the usefulness of this soldier has reached absolute zero, in comparison to Ymyrrian soldiers who…”

The moaning comes to a sudden stop, the human’s head explodes by an unseen force and covers the teacher and all the children in gore. All but Jereck that is, who has turned his back and is leaving the courtyard.

The scene faded out again, replaced by the Paxian battlegrounds once more. Widah was beginning to understand Vehemence’s seemingly cruel nature more and more, again he sees Vehemence’s salute…
Vehemence
Vehemence
Chancellor
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Widah Xulub Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Widah eyed Vehemence warily while adjusting to another time shift. What caused these shifts? Was V conscious of them? Widah had no idea what other powers this Ymyrrian might possess. It seemed clear V had merely been toying with him for sport when he could surely have destroyed Widah whenever he wished. Why did he spare him still?

As these thoughts flashed through Widah's mind, Vehemence was still in mid-salute. There! He hesitates, Widah thought to himself. "My lord, wait!" Widah shouted, seizing on the opportunity.

"Lord?" The word roused V from a moment of distractedness. A memory of his childhood faded from the surface of his mind. Had he not called me friend a moment ago, he asked himself. He asked aloud, "why do you address me thus, mercenary?"

"For I am no mercenary, my lord, Vehemence. It is I, Widah Xulub, your friend and liegeman."

"Vehemence? My name is Jereck, and I," uncertainty caused V to pause, but he waved away the strange thoughts the human's words conjured. "Ymyrrians make slaves of humans, not liegemen!" V proclaimed, igniting his weapon out of frustration. Something strange was happening that he could not put his finger on. It was a sensation he did not enjoy.

"Vehemence is the name by which you are known on Thera."

"Thera? And where would that be?" V asked, contempt creeping into his voice at the thought of this fool's arrogance.

"Not where, but when to be precise. I come from my present which is your future--by the plane of thought--to here, a dream of your past. You fell prey to your cousin, Yrkoon's, trap of dark sorceries which force you to relive painful memories while your body lies unconscious at the foot of the Ruby Throne," explained Widah.

"A mind prison?" muttered V, confusion furrowing his brow.

"Just so." Widah began to relax, thinking he was making progress, so he carried on, "I have been witness to other memories as well. I have seen you with a woman--a lover who counseled you against going to war. I saw you as a boy with a class of children being tutored in a courtyard."

V's eyes darted back and forth as he tried to sort the tangle of conflicting thoughts and emotions within. A melancholy had oppressed him since choosing the bloody path that had led him here against the pleading of the one he held most dear. Now came this strangeness. How could this human know all this? A dark conclusion began to take shape. His cousin had been the only one named.

"No!" he cried, jumping back and flicking his laserwhip forward. "What treachery is this?!"
Widah Xulub
Widah Xulub
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by R3VAN Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 pm

R3VAN wanders in watching in disbelief. He then slowly backs out and takes a nap.

(injecting a tidbit of humor lol)
R3VAN
R3VAN
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:06 pm

The airspace above Thera:
As a dark cloud thickens and descends from above a thick mist begins to envelope the planet in all directions that one can see. It seems to be coming from the very ground itself.

Aboard Racacacoon Command Appolo:
Margrave Grabby over Fleet common, "All craft in the airspace of Thera's atmosphere, engage yous anti collision system and set your autopilot to rendezvous in low Theran orbit. We will assess the situation from orbit and attempt to make contact with our forces inside the Palace."

Over Racacacoon fleet Channel, "Hades 1 swing in close to the planet and pick me up I must attempt to open up communications to our forces inside the palace."

Hades 1, "Aye Sir, we will be arriving shortly after you make orbit."

As Grabby engages the autopilot and the collision avoidance system he glances in the direction of the palace where it has already become concealed by the mist and the clouds above. Looking in that direction he feels a cold shiver in the very core of his being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vehemence Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 am

This cannot be !

Die !!!!!

Like the sudden crash of thunder, there was a burst of raw energy that eclipsed Widah’s vision. In the bright light he could still see the same broken city. Vehemence charged him but time seemed only to creep forward. While a tremendous avalanche of sound pressed his ears, V took a single step, his face contorted in a strange mixture of agony and anger. When his foot came down, the ground around it seemed to bend en ripple as if the concrete had turned to water. His weapon raised and active he took a second step. The ripples of the first reached the walls of the buildings, and they bent as unnaturally as the rest. Small cracks though witch a void peered back at him appeared. First only small and far between, but with each step he took more ripples went through this reality, further breaking it down. By the time he reached Widah and lunched his plasma lash at him, the void was all that surrounded them. The flexible blade slowly curled up as it came down, he realized that there was no way to parry this kind of attack, as the blade would completely envelop him.

Widah realized that in the distance of the void there was another scream, one of denial and failure, trying to save this trap. In that moment of enlightingment Widah dropped his weapon, and focused… willing this reality to be different. It seemed Yrkoon was losing control and that now he could have a slim chance, a chance to control the direction of this pocket dimension.

When he reopened his eye his face was only a few yards away from Vehemence’s. The light-whip had indeed curled around his body; five times it circled him about four inches away from his body. The hairs on his skin raised themselves by the static energy. Time seemed to slow down further and even completely halt just before V could finish his fatal strike, his blade was there around Widah and he only had to pull it away and snap the rings of energy shut around him.

It seemed like an eternity that the two friends hung there in that limbo. Nothing surrounded them, there was only they. They could speak, but their lips did not move. They could see but there was no light, just the Void.

Yrkoon, said Widah his voice echoing, he did this.

He forced you to war in the past. He started it and knew the people of Ymyrr would demand it of their prince to join in battle.

He was it that murdered your lover while you were out with the troops in battle.

He forced you to kill when you were a only a child, and to keep killing the innocents of so many planets in the so called honour of the Golden City.

He was it that created an empire build on blood. An empire doomed to die, fated to turn into the very things upon it was created, bones and ashes.

You carry no guilt of the murders as a child.

You carry no guild of the slaughtering of thousands in the Empire’s Name.
You carry no guilt in the death of your spouse

NOR do you carry guilt when you killed the treacherous and vile occupants of the golden city itself!

You’ve proven that to me,

You have built a new empire!

One that at its’ very foundation has trust, comradeship, honor…

My liege, your empire can never fall, as long as the friendship of its members holds true.

You know this.

Vehemence did not answer, and the void slowly collapsed at them.

Back in the black hall widah could see a sparkle of light in V’s eyes as he opened them. A small smirk appeared on his lips. And before Widah could blink he could see V launching at Yrkoon. Everything happened In a blur but widah swore he could see fear in Yrkoon’s eyes the moment V’s lash encircled him with the speed of light itself. When he finally blinked there was a spray of blood and guts, as Yrkoon fell to pieces into a bloody heap.

Vehemence deactived his weapon, and walked up to Widah.

Come my friend, we have work to do…

Vehemence
Vehemence
Chancellor
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maenhout Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:16 pm

The gunship broke from orbit, signals tracking red across it's controlscreen.

"We've got missilelock from the palace's defence system sir." the pilot said coolly through the comms.
"Then get rid of it will you." Maenhout answered irritably.

Maenhout looked out at space, and noticed his fleet by the dull reflection that shone on their black hulls from the sun.

"Why are the guns on standby? Commsofficer, raise me the CIC."
"Yes sir."

Patiently, Maenhout listened to the chatter from the CIC.
"If the Duke Anton dares to raise arms against us, then they are traitors... no, I don't care... no... ... that's an order lieutenant! Isolate the readings from his core, and EMP him if needs be, we'll deal with the traiturous crew later... Let the cruiser form a flak-screen to stop any of his ordinance coming through and fire that damn EMP! We have at least half a planet down there to virusbomb before those armies of ghouls are decimated..."
Through the porthole, Maenhout saw the guns on the spines of his ships start to belch flak into space and form a shield of debris around the fleet.

With a small flash, the Battlestar Antigon launched an EMP towards the Duke Anton.

"It's confirmed sir, all electronics on Duke Anton have been disabled, they're sightless and almost powerless. Their life supportsystems are working on core-power, but the core is rapidly overheating. Gunships have been dispatched to deliver marines and tech-crew to shut down their core and form a beachhead at their bridge. Estimated amount of casualties aboard Duke Anton will be around 900, but the ship itself will be salvageable."

"Good work lieutenant. Has the master gunner plotted a point of impact for the virusbombs?"

"He's at it sir."

"Alright. Reinforce our men on the Duke Anton, and have the ship towed to Point R3VAN, where Baron Croatia can come and pick him up, and deal with his traitorous crew."

Maenhout stepped onto the bridge, and looked at the faces around him.
"Any news?"
Petty officer Kat stood from her post. "Sir, we have a read-out of Racacoon ships in lower and higher orbit, they're struggling. Croatia ships have outflanked us and are battling with Battlestar Brabo and Battlestar Cools at quadrant omega-z-9 to our galactic west. Battlestar Hoboken has reached the Duke Anton and is towing him towards point R3VAN, but Croatia's fleet is giving them hell.
We are at a course to high orbit to deploy our bombs and come to a new heading towards Battlestar Hoboken at quadrant beta-p-0. We are holding the 6 other battlestars in reserve."

"Thank you petty officer Kat, proceed."

At that, Maenhout turned and gripped the edge of the table in front of him, looking intently at the read-outs in front of him.
He saw the stats of his batling ships pass by, and saw that Battlestar Cools had already taken severe damage to it's bulkheads, and would probably not last much longer.
He saw the plotted trajectory of Battlestar Antigon towards Thera... ETA 2 minutes.

"Petty officer Kat, send out our VnV call-sign again towards all ships in this system, and have them rally to Battlestar Hoboken so that it might reach Point R3VAN."
"Aye sir."

Mumbling to himself he said. "I'm sorry V for what I have to do to you and your planet, but this disease must not spread out into the surrounding systems... I know what aberations Gehenna has created down there before his disappearance, and they must die..."

Maenhout
Maenhout
Chancellor
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adhemar Darc Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am

Defiant is only slightly aware of the mind link Widah has formed with Vehemence as he himself is consumed in his own meditation, calling upon the powers of his ancestry. Visions of his forefathers wind though his mind, centuries of past training for those who preceded him as ruler of the Genovian race become part of his own consciousness. The blade of Geneve slowly returns to its blue glowing state within his folded arms as an aura of pure blue light lightly encompasses the commander and his comrades. Defiant’s knowledge of his swords origins become known to him in these seconds as they pass.

On the Genovian Flagship Jehanne Darc and the Genovian Royal Pairs sense the transformation the one called Defiant. As the link to their commander is broken Jehanne sighs in relief, knowing her husband has finally accepted who he is. She exits her meditative state and rises, she is exhausted from her link to the commander but her determination assist him pushes her on. Moments later she emerges from her ready room wearing her light armor and donning an ornate cylinder as her only weapon.

First officer Tanaka noticed her state of dress and addresses her:

Tanaka: Sovereign I have orders from Commander Defiant to insure you remain onboard.

Jehanne Darc: What is status on Chancellor Maenhout’s fleet Tanaka? Have you established communications with them yet?

Tanka: No Milady I fear we may not be able in time. The Duke Anton has already fallen pray to Maenhout’s fleet although she is not destroyed, they launched an EMP weapon on her.

Jehanne Darc: Order all weapons power down across the entire fleet, show no hostile act towards Maenhouts fleet, he is without doubt following VnV protocols. Have all ships in the lower formations redirect all weapons energy to their shields and all upper formation ships to lower shields. Maenout must not see us as a threat, our existence depends on that. Now I am departing for the surface with the other royals, don’t try to stop me, I care not what Adhemar ordered you to do.

With that Jehanne leaves the bridge of her ship and makes way to meet the other royals in the launch bay. As she hurries down the passages of the ship her thoughts are directed to Defiant. Arriving in the launch bay she is greeted by the other royals and the launch bay crew, an ensign informs her that the commencers ship had returned by remote and is locked onto coordinates that appear to be the throne room balcony at the palace! Jehanne makes no response to the ensign, and motions her group to board the ship. Without a word spoken the group follows her, the hatch closes behind them once they board and the engines roar to life as the GENX departs the bay.

Back on the bridge Tanaka is shouting orders and insuring the Sovereigns orders are followed. He verifies that each ship in the formation is at the status she has ordered.
He ponders how he is going to make contact with the chancellor’s fleet; he knows the Genovian fleet is completely vulnerable to them in this position; perhaps a modified distress beacon could deliver a message of current status to Maenhout, and prevent their destruction! Without another though he orders the beacon modified and launched.

More to come…………..
Adhemar Darc
Adhemar Darc
Foreign Diplomat

Back to top Go down

Post by bob uzzell Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:29 am

(ooc)
WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING DURING ALL THIS? JUST WATCHING FROM MY RECLINER AND DRINKING BEER?
reminds me ORDERLY!!! my bottles empty
bob uzzell
bob uzzell
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:05 pm

As Tanaka orders the launch of the beacon, an event horizon opens up near near the moon Stormbringer above the Theran Planet Arioch.

Every radar scope and communications array in the entire system is paralyzed as a massive surge of energy courses through the area between the moon and Thera.

A massive craft of unknown origins emerges from the event, no person aboard any of the vessels has seen this craft so close before and nearly a third of the crewman on each ship suddenly feels a need to change.

As the event horizon disipates a static emits from every radio in the Theran orbit. "This is Bob Uzzel aboard the U.S.S. R3VAN Hephaestus class attack platform. All forces in the area stand down or you will be rendered scrap metal."

As the message ends two spherical blisters begin to rotate on the ship. As soon as they rotate back inside the attack platform two planetoids emerge from the U.S.S. R3VAN.

Another broadcast over the radios, "This is the A.R. Lil' Angel and the J.P. Turkey Racacoon Empire Zeus Assault Ships. Duke Raccoon we are awaiting your permission to engage any forces in the area that do not stand down."

A broad grin stretches across Grabby's face as he hears that his Zeus have finally managed to catch a ride someplace worth going...

OOC: Is this a grand enough entrance for ya Bob? Where can you guys take this now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vehemence Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 pm

OOC: This needs to be done, If I didn't mention you in the text, feel free to assume that I did and that you are present. I give you first these lyrics to ponder, and listen to the song.

When I have nothing left to feel.
When I have nothing left to say
I'll just let this slip away.

I feel these engines power down.
I feel this heart begin to bleed
as I turn this burning page.

Please forgive me if I bleed.
Please forgive me if I breathe.
I have words I need to say.
Oh so very much to say.

And whose life do I lead?
And whose blood do I bleed?
Whose air do I breathe?
With whose skin now do I feel?

I'm supposed to walk away from here.
I'm supposed to walk away from here.

And whose life do I lead?
Whose blood do I bleed?
Whose air do I now breathe?
I'm convinced there's nothing more.

The day you died I lost my way.
The day you died I lost my mind.

What am I supposed to do?
Is there something more?

The engines power down.
Like a soldier to his end I go.
Because I'm convinced
that there is nothing more.

and whose life do I lead
and whose air do I breathe?
With whose skin and whose blood do I feel?

What happens now?
Have I done something wrong?

Forgive my need to bleed right now.
Please forgive my need to breathe
But I've so much to say
and it wouldn't matter anyway.
You're not here to hear these words that I must say
and I'm convinced inside
that there is nothing more.

Whose life do I lead?
Whose air do I breathe.
Whose blood do I now bleed?
With whose skin now do I feel?

I have nothing left to say.
I have nothing left to feel.
Am I supposed to let this go now,
let darkness come and take you away?

IC:
Among the massive signals of the present fleets, it’s arrival was barely detectable. A single Charon dropped out of warp at the center of it all. It’s existence seemed puny in comparison to the assembled VnV armada. Several Conn officers turn to warn their commanders of its arrival, only to see them disappear in blinding flashes of light.

After a moment of disorientation and dizziness each of the commanders realize they are no longer aboard their command vessels. In the charon, Chancellor Maenhout, Duke Raccoon, Duke Uzzel, Margrave Defiant, Margrave SELF, Marquess Castle, Margrave Rampslave the bear form Count Grizzly, Baron Croatia, Lady D’arc… look at eachother in disbelief. How did you get here?

A moment later there is another flash, amidst the Nobles of VnV Appear Arch Chancellor Xulub and Chancellor Vehemence, returned to his elderly state. Grief and agony strike the nobles as they see that Vehemence is carrying the lifeless body of Margrave R3VAN. In the blink of an eye the assembled group fall to their knees in respect, some stare in disbelief, others shed tears facing the reality. Count Grizzly roars in anger: one of the Nobles is no more…

As Vehemence let’s R3VAN’s body go, it floats peacefully before them seemingly suspended from all forces like gravity and time. He and Widah step back and join the others kneeling, averting their eyes. They share a moment of reflection and respect for the fallen, then Vehemence stands again, looking at the Nobles before him one by one before speaking.

My friends, today is a dark day in our history. With the help of you all I was able to return… but at a terrible price. Margrave R3VAN sacrificed himself so that we might live. As Arch Chancellor Xulub faced the many demons that haunt me, R3VAN fought the Grand Lord of the Dukes of Hell himself. Arioch the terrible. He must have known that this was a battle he could not win, yet he stood his ground and faced the Evil before him. His deed levitated him to the highest echelon among all heroes this galaxy has ever known, and he will never be forgotten.

I will give you all one last chance to say your goodbyes, before I send him on his final mission: To take command of the Battleship Duke Anton and purge our capital from the last remnants of Yrkoon’s Evil. Once again he will save us all from a terrible Doom. Please step forward one by one, and find peace in sending this warrior off on his last mission.

Chancellor Vehemence steps forward, puts his right hand on R3VAN’s chest.

“My friend, you were a mighty adversary, and an even mightier ally. I am honored to have known you, and humbled standing next to you. Children will remember your heroic deeds for generations to come… Your sacrifice has taught us all the meaning of family. For we all are one Family, a family in mourning for we have lost our brother. I will not say goodbye to you brother, we will meet again one day, and share again the laughter and glasses of crystal green like we once did. My only regret is that I will have to face my battles without my brother at my side, but I know that you will never be truly gone. As long as I,… as long as this family remembers you.

Vehemence leaves his hand on R3VAN’s chest as he nods to the next noble to approach them.
Vehemence
Vehemence
Chancellor
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Castle Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Marquess Raine Castle looks around her in disbelief. The unreality of the hours before was nothing like the reality that was before her. With tears welling in her eyes she tentatively moves forward and, she must have been holding her breath, for as she approached her fallen boss she let out a sobbing sigh. Placing a hand over his floating body as though he could support her trembling form she sighs words barely audible to the others.

"Oh, R3VAN!...I never thought I'd see you this way. You were so young and I was great of age. Leave us brother and find peace where you go. I will build a monument to your memory and for all those who like yourself have given themselves fully to our great nation."

She sighed again as tears flowed and wiped her nose on her sleeve. She backed away slowly.
Raine Castle
Raine Castle
Marquess
Marquess

Back to top Go down

Post by bob uzzell Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:44 am

duke Uzzell who doesn't really speak often,,has a hard time holding a tear.
"The U.S.S. R3VAN and her crew are proud to carry your name into battle"
bob uzzell
bob uzzell
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 am

Baron Croatia rises and steps forward to place his hand on R3VAN.

My young friend, It is my honor to have shared countless conversations with you. Your insight into warfare planning is far beyond your years. It has been my pleasure to participate in the destruction of many of the enemies of the VnV nation. As I reflect on our battles, I wonder why a person so young, was taken far too early in life. May God, return you home in peace, I look forward to the time when we shall meet again. I give you my flagship Duke Anton to take you on your journey home. This is the finest ship the Croatian Empire has ever constructed.

You my friend will have the most powerful warship ever constructed on my world. This ship will be yours to command forever.

With this, Baron Croatia removes his hand and steps back. Turns and retakes his place among the nobles.
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:02 am

OCC: I had to go back a little while in the story to deal with this little situation of being attacked.

On the bridge of the Duke Anton:

“With a small flash, the Battlestar Antigon launched an EMP towards the Duke Anton.”

Captain! IN COMING! Yells the weapons officer. The Captain calmly turns toward the weapons officer and tells him it is an EMP weapon. Our ship is shielded from this from of weapon. The systems will automatically go dark showing no reading to outside technology.

We will allow that ship to get closer and we will make sure that this act of hostility is dealt with swiftly.

Sir, we cannot destroy the Battlestar Antigon.

Captain: I know that. Nevertheless, they are in for a real surprise when they try to come aboard and secure this ship. All hands prepare for boarding!!! Marines repel all boarders! If they want a fight, they have one. I will destroy this ship before I allow it to fall into anyone’s hands.

As the soldiers try to board the Duke Anton. They are quickly dispatched. Only with stun settings on the weapons. We do not want to hurt them! Says Sargent Wilson to his men. We just want them to understand that we will not be taken.

“Battlestar Hoboken has reached the Duke Anton and is towing him towards point R3VAN”

Aboard the Duke Anton:

Sir the Battlestar Hoboken is latching on with their tractor beam.
Allow them to attach to us. We have ways of dealing with that beam.

Sir the Hoboken is attached.

Captain: Weapons, Engineering, propulsion, bring the systems online. Aye Sir!!

As the systems started to come online, the Duke Anton was going to not only deal with the Hoboken but with the Battlestar Antigon. They had fired upon our ship and this act would be considered an act of war. Commander Maenhout’s ships would be dealt with quickly by the others in the fleet. However, these two Battlestars would be take care of by the Duke Anton!! Thought the Captain.
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Adhemar Darc Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Defiant steps forward and pulls back his shroud, the features of his face sunken and drawn. He drops down to one knee, head down and recites a prayer for fallen heroes from his home. He rises while unclasping the disc shaped amulet from his sword, and sheathes the blade. He turns his eyes monetarily towards Vehemence as to gain approval and rests the amulet upon the chest of R3VAN and speaks:

My brother, I leave with you the symbol from the origins of my race,
also the key of the ancient hidden city of my birth. It will protect you from the forces of both Law and Chaos on your journey. Find victory on your final mission for VnV my brother!

Defiant pauses for a moment and sighs slightly:

You were the emissary that brought me and my people to this great nation where we have found strong bonds, I will always owe you a great debt for that.

A tear forms at the corner of the commanders eye.

I personally will miss you greatly; my people shall from this day forth recognize a day in your honor, it shall be a day of remembrance. You will long remembered in my soul young brother, may my fleets fight with the fierceness of your heart!

The Margrave then walks to the other side of the floating body, then places his right hand beside Vehemence’s on the chest of R3VAN.
Adhemar Darc
Adhemar Darc
Foreign Diplomat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum