VnV Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascention, the search for Vehemence

+8
Adhemar Darc
James T SELF
Michael Croatia
bob uzzell
RayDeg
Widah Xulub
Raine Castle
Vehemence
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ascention, the search for Vehemence - Page 4 Empty Re: Ascention, the search for Vehemence

Post by Widah Xulub Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 pm

With his brush with death or at least dismemberment, Widah becomes quite animated as he rides the natural adrenaline coursing through his veins. He bounds over to Raine and James clapping them on the shoulder. "Hah ha! It's walking a thin line between life and death that really puts things in perspective, eh friends? It sharpens us like few other experiences, if it doesn't drive you mad. Know what I mean? I have nothing but disdain for the gods of Ymyr and their empty promises. May they all rot. Now let us form a wedge and cut a swath through these ghoulish abominations all the way to the throne room! There's not a moment to lose!" he shouts brandishing his blade.
Widah Xulub
Widah Xulub
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Ascention, the search for Vehemence - Page 4 Empty Re: Ascention, the search for Vehemence

Post by James T SELF Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Is there a stair way to the throne room? I don't trust these elevators. If we stay back to back we may be able to fight our way to where ever we need to go.
James T SELF
James T SELF
Margrave
Margrave

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Sat May 01, 2010 5:40 am

As Baron Grizzly and the Scout reaches the end of the hall way. they see a control panel, Corporal Perkins the teams ultra tech extraordinaire goes to work to see if he can control the power to the flying disc ejectors. he thinks that that the power to them should be routed through this control panel.

As he works, Corporal Perkins notices a very unusual part to this control panel. something that he has never seen before. it looks like it was placed there after the panel was installed. it looks like if he remove it he can override the disc ejectors. As he reaches for it, it produces a shock. startled by the shock he pull his hand back. Corporal Perkins will not be detoured, he grabs his bayonet and removes the device. the more he tries the harder the shock becomes as the device come free it tries to deliver a near lethal shock. but as the device flies from the control board Corporal Perkins was spared the full shock.

Last edited by Michael Croatia on Sun May 02, 2010 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Castle Sat May 01, 2010 8:14 am

"Margrave, You've been here before. If you know the way you lead the wedge. I'm pretty good running sideways. Let's do it!" Lady Raine said, having gotten caught up in Widah's exuberance, and the desire at this point to do something, even die if need be, but not to remain slave to circumstance.
Raine Castle
Raine Castle
Marquess
Marquess

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Castle Sat May 01, 2010 10:42 am

Lady Raine shouts,"Take their heads off, brothers! The ghouls can't eat us without heads."
Raine Castle
Raine Castle
Marquess
Marquess

Back to top Go down

Post by Widah Xulub Sat May 01, 2010 11:03 am

"The throne room lies upward, but like James I'm reticent about relying on those lifts. I'm afraid I don't know of any stairwells." Widah searches for doors that might lead to stairs adjacent to the lift shafts.
Widah Xulub
Widah Xulub
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vehemence Sun May 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Hearing all the commaders responses and seeing Widah search for a stairwell that isn't there makes LILITH burst in laughter:

LILITH: "HAhaahaahaa! Foolish mortals! Such bravery! Do you think that shadow of a man would do the same for you? I see his deceit still works even today! He's been using you all! No matter, you have no idea what you're up against. But so be it, if you want to die.... then DIE!"

Without another word from her the ghouls charged from all directions, their bloodshot eyes crazed with a hunger to tear human flesh... Like a tidal wave of screaming claws and teeth they charged from all directions. In the few moments it took for Lilith to speak to them, it seemed their numbers had multiplies hundredfold.

There was no other choice now, the lift was the only option....

OCC: ok guys go nuts on the ghoul killing, show me some creative writing, there are hundreds of them but for everyone you kill there are two more so get into the elevator and close the door! Don't say out too long cause their sheer numbers WILL overwhelm you.
Vehemence
Vehemence
Chancellor
Chancellor

https://sfvnvalliance.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adhemar Darc Sun May 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Defiant walks back and forth before the Palace looking upward, evaluating his best route up the face of the mighty building. Chalk bag in hand, his thoughts focus on the climb and its difficulty. Once more he checks his gear sling; tricams check, nuts check, biners check, eights check, bolt anchors check. Defiant ties off his bolting kit, and checks his pack inventory.

Defiant hears his Artemis depart the surface and speed off up through the clouds, with a deafening boom she breaks the sound barrier while still in the atmosphere. Defiant thinks to himself, “Damn fast little ship those boys built a masterpiece. I hope Dreamy makes it to the surface soon, I may need some help once I get into the Palace.” Looking up towards the balcony Defiant reaches up for his first grab point, pushing his fingers into a seam in the face of the Palace.

Climbing steadily Defiant stops every 50 meters or so drilling and setting a bolt, clipping on a titanium biner and webbing then feeding the rope through. The outer wall of the Palace is cold, even on this warm day, at times Def can feel vibrations from the Palace itself, something is very wrong here, he can feel that same eerie tingle in his spine as he did when speaking with Lilith. “Jehanne what is going on down here, can you feel anything?” Defiant finishes setting his 8th bolt, about two thirds up to the balcony, looking up he estimates he has another 200 meters to go.
Adhemar Darc
Adhemar Darc
Foreign Diplomat

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Castle Sun May 02, 2010 6:01 pm

PFEW... PFEW..PFEW. Raine Castle begins fireing her plasma rifle, disintegrating as many ghoul heads as she could with one shot. The next then the next and still they kept coming. She saw James doing the same and Widah shooting and hacking.

She yelled, "WE HAVE TO USE THE LIFT! IT'S THE ONLY OPTION NOW!" They began moving as fast as they could in the direction of the elevator they had just passed. Widah removing as many heads as he could while attempting to drag his friends along while they shot continuously into the surging, grasping ghouls, claws slashing, even as the monsters fell.

They got into one of the elevators and attempted to close the doors. Whidah, somewhat the pacifist wasn't the least bit interested in pacifism right now. He chopped off heads, hand, whatever was grabbing and interfering in the door closing. Raine and James kept firing while Widah fooled the mechanism to close the door. There were other lifts and Raine could only hope the others had made it safely to someplace within.
Raine Castle
Raine Castle
Marquess
Marquess

Back to top Go down

Post by GRIZZLY Mon May 03, 2010 12:42 am

as grizzly examinates the situation, and saw the conversation between the group and "lilith" he fears that the computer (or what ever it is) has brought up every goul from the palace to whipe us all out.
as all the creatures start to charge he, he know's this is BAD.
suddenly raine yells while fireing uppon the gouls:"WE HAVE TO USE THE LIFT! IT'S THE ONLY OPTION NOW!" it starts to become a battle scene.
Blasting rifles and cutting blades the scout group joins the commanders.

"RAIN"grizzly yells"we're coming your way. SCOUT team!!! defensive retreat get you're asses back there with the group and enter that elevator, I'll give back up"

As the scout group retreats blasting blazes, grizzly follows chopping gouls
GRIZZLY
GRIZZLY
Count
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by R3VAN Mon May 03, 2010 3:52 am

Margrave Revan paces the deck of his flagship Pwnz Joo.

"Personal log....its been far too long since the other commanders went down to the surface of Thera....its taking everything I have in me not to run down there after them....but with so many VnV officers down on the surface of Thera there are so few of us left to protect our borders."

"First Offcier REPORT!"

"Sir! We have spread our fleet out through the entirety of our borders. We are spread very thin, but we will hold against any enemy who may try and take advantage of the situation on Thera!"

'Should our enemies find out about the situation on Thera, I fear my fleet may not be enough to hold the wolves at bay......'

(my first attempt, a little late to get in on the ground action, so Im keeping it simple in space pirat )
R3VAN
R3VAN
Arch Chancellor
Arch Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Castle Mon May 03, 2010 8:28 am

The ghouls turned away for some reason, and the door of the lift finally began to close, but Raine saw the reason for the ghouls lack of attention.
"Hold it!" she shouted. She and Widah held the door as they saw their people struggling to get through this mess.

Grizzlies Men were heading for the lift too, and they were struggling to get through the monsters, shooting, cutting and slashing, and so where Croatia's men. James used this opportunity to wipe out all the creatures before the lift door, kicking them out of the way as several of the troops came charging through.
Raine Castle
Raine Castle
Marquess
Marquess

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Mon May 03, 2010 10:43 am

As the scout group retreats to the rest of the group

Croatia: Sargent!! get you men and follow Me. we need to get to that Elevator. Put you rifles on full power and aim for the head. it is the best way to kill the bastards!!

As the group moves toward the elevator. the ghouls in a slow but steady advance toward the soldiers

Croatia: FIRE!!! the line of soldiers in the front open fire and the ghouls heads start to explode. bodies are filling the hallway and getting high enough that the ghouls are starting to climb over them. as they do the pile just gets larger. as the team runs low on power the men in back come forward . this is a slow retreat to the elevator.

Croatia: I am a little busy at the moment.

DA: Sir, we have finished the scans of the palace complex. we are send down the data.

Croatia: Just tell me. I don't have time to look right now!!

DA: Sir, You are completely surrounded. there are at least 5000 beings in the palace and more advancing from another part of the city.

Croatia: Can you take them out from orbit?

DA: Yes, but it will cause a tremendous amount of damage to the city.

Croatia: STAND BY

Baron Croatia, reaches for his sword, he sees Count Grizzly chopping his way backwards toward the elevator. Croatia moves toward him to help with the chopping.

Grizzly: About time you got here. chuckles. I didn't want to have to kill all
these ghouls by my self.

Croatia: Kill them all by your self, Come on Griz, You are good but I have already kill at least 50 with my plasma rifle. I just thought that I would come and help you, with that Croatia swings his sword and decapitates 2 more close to him.

Grizzly: Shut up and Fight!! With that the two men are killing the ghouls as the teams move backwards to the elevator.

Raine is the first to reach the elevator. Corporal Perkins is right behind her. he starts to work on the control panel inside the elevator. he wants to make sure once they are in the thing they can get out.

Raine: Corporal, do you know what you are doing?

Perkins: Yes, Mam.

Raine: I will keep firing and you keep working. Got that.

Perkins: Yes Mam. Perkins manages to get the control panel apart and finds one of the devices that tried to kill him earlier. this time he waists no time playing with it. he just pry it free. then smashes it. he places a Croatian made override device into the circuit board. this will allow him to control the elevator no matter what the computer might try to do.

As the teams converge on the elevator. they all start to pile into the back. with Grizzly and Croatia bringing up the rear. they are the last ones into the elevator. As the door closes, Corporal Perkins is in total control of the lift

Last edited by Michael Croatia on Tue May 04, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Mon May 03, 2010 10:45 am

OOC, sorry Raine it took me longer to write my post. so i didn't see yours before you posted.
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by GRIZZLY Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 am

ooc: nice one croatia Cool , you honour my character
GRIZZLY
GRIZZLY
Count
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Tue May 04, 2010 7:02 am

OOC: You are welcome Grizzly, he is a fun character to use Very Happy
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by James T SELF Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm

As the doors to the elevator close. James can't help but think to himself "Is it too late to leave and nuke this place from orbit? Maybe I just should have stayed in bed this morning..."

Ok, got to be ready for anything when this door opens, deep breath, double check my shit

Weapon settings -- short range sweep and IFF activated.
Helmet's image intensifiers, IFF link to rifle and flash protection - active and set -- hoping it will help him see any traps that are sure to be up ahead.

"Hmmm... should I get some these ready? as SELF fondles one of the Neutron grenades in his ammo bag. What the frak, as he loads five into the plasma rifle's integral 'nade launcher. They each make a loud, metallic and strangely satisfying ca'thunk as he pops them into the magazine one at a time.

James starts to notice the sideways glances from his fellow nobles as he is loading the 'nades...he gives a shrug and says "Hey..... it might just get ugly up there, I just hope they don't make me use the flame thrower"
James T SELF
James T SELF
Margrave
Margrave

Back to top Go down

Post by GRIZZLY Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 pm

grizzly's inner tought's:
"DAIM, that was close.
gotta catch my breath, relax a little.
exhail, inhail fmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhh , aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
better prep myself before those doors open again. we're in to deep already to back up.
We need to get to vehemence. maybe he can explain all this.
better meditate a little, those battle meditations back at home could come in handy here."

as grizzly begins his meditation in the packed elavator, he feels they ascent deeper in to the void that's called, in his native world"pith black fear"
the anciant bearmen once warnd him of a great battle to come against a treath that's so black and powerfull, it would change his life drasticlly.
The ascention continious ,and as grizz continious his battle meditation, all the people in the elavator could sence a great power in the air.
Not knowing it's a power to feed the weak, heal the wounded and fill the prepped onces with a sence of positieve rage.

"here we go, what ever lies for us. i'm ready"
and with that in his mind, people could swear to see fire in grizz's eyes.
GRIZZLY
GRIZZLY
Count
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Tue May 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Croatia just shakes his head, chuckles to himself, and says "Really James a flame thrower?" got to love James, he is always prepared for the worst.

Duke Anton come in: Go ahead Sir. What were you saying about more ghouls coming from other parts of the city?

DA: Yes, Sir they seem to be coming from other parts of the city toward the Palace.

Croatia: can you tell how many?

DA: Sir You don't want to know.

Croatia in a calm but angry voice: Captain, I asked you how many and I want an answer now.

DA: Thousands, (with that the Duke Anton was silent)

Croatia: SHIT!!! is all he could say. The other commanders not privy to the Croatian frequencies for communication. Just looked at him.

Croatia: Well we are in a world of shit now. there are more Ghouls coming toward the Palace.

Widah: How many?

Croatia: thousands is what I was told. I wonder if "V" would get mad if I ordered the Duke Anton to open fire on them? It would probably destroy most of the city. Not sure I want to give that kind of an order.

Grizzly: I guess you guys and gals will have to help. Not sure I can take on all those ghouls by myself. But I am willing to give it a shot. with that he checks his sword and battle axe.

Perkins! Croatia yelled.

Perkins: Here Sir,

Croatia : Get us up to that throne room. I want to talk to who ever is running the show around here.

Perkins: Yes sir. as Perkins turns back to the control board.
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by GRIZZLY Tue May 04, 2010 11:49 pm

ooc: I HAVE A SWORD COOOOOOOL ! (didn't want to copy ya so i picked up an axe, but hey. i'm not complaining; sword and axe it is)
GRIZZLY
GRIZZLY
Count
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 am

After the maintenance and installation of the new communications network on the Raccoon home world, a veritable deluge of communiques begins to filter in. With only priority messages marked for immediate attention, only one is given to Lord Grabby. Upon reading the message he orders all shore leaves canceled and all crews to report to their ships.

Aboard the New Hades class Flagship Raccoon One:
Members of the bridge crew hustled about with the preparations for departure to aid the Arch Chancellor, Lord Grabby re-reads the communications excerpt given him by his comms officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Att: All VNV Commanders

A large force of enemy combatants have arrived over Thera and have begun an invasion. All commanders are tasked with sending all available combat fleets to help in the defense our nations capital.

Any ships in close orbit of Thera are to be considered hostile.

IFF codes for Theran defense forces 871238765, 782137861, 421287761.

location of Thera ##:###:##

Fr: L.i.l.i.t.h. Defense Network A.I.

Concerned he orders the Bridge crew to hurry up and get the fleet underway.
As his fleet leaves orbit he looks down at his home world and prays that all will be well.

ooc: never tried this before so hope this is ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by GRIZZLY Wed May 05, 2010 2:31 am

ooc: oh you gonna lovit, just use alotta imagination Cool
GRIZZLY
GRIZZLY
Count
Count

Back to top Go down

Post by Adhemar Darc Wed May 05, 2010 5:02 am

Reaching the balcony Defiant sets two last bolts and ties off his ropes. He walks along the stone rail of the throne room balcony slowly, paying great attention to the floor and throne room. He removes his gear sling and pack and attaches them to one of the bolts he’s set in the outer wall of the palace. He once again checks his armor, and attaches the repel sling and eights to the ropes. Grabbing his pack of explosives he jumps down to the balcony floor throws his pack on, charges his venom plasma rifle, and begins his approach.

On the bridge of the Psychoses first officer Tanaka is sifting through intelligence communiqués and com messages. One catches is attention:

A large force of enemy combatants has arrived over Thera and has begun an invasion. All commanders are tasked with sending all available combat fleets to help in the defense our nation’s capital.

Jehanne Darc sensing her first officers’ sudden anxiety, leaves her meditation in the ready room and enters the bridge. “Tanaka, what have you found?”

Tanaka: Sovereign Darc, a communiqué from Lillith has been transmitted on VnV channels. (Tanaka hands the message to Jehanne Darc.)

Jehanne Darc: Tanaka I want you to block any future transmissions by the Palace AI. Contact the other fleets, I am sure they have intercepted the same message, and coordinate with them to silence the AI.

Tanaka: Yes Sovereign!

The first officer begins his messages to the VnV Fleets, as the bride crew races to complete their newest tasks assigned to them.

Jehanne leaves the bridge to personally inspect the recently arrived artemis.

Commander Defiant has entered the palace throne room his senses heighten as his eyes can not believe the butchery that has taken place within the great chamber before him. Bodies lay everywhere, barely recognizable as humanoid as parts are missing and strewn about, blood splattered everywhere. He has seen numerous battle fields of the dead in his days but nothing in his history could prepare him for this butchery. Adjusting his grip on his weapon he crosses the room slowly, scanning every inch of the chamber.
Adhemar Darc
Adhemar Darc
Foreign Diplomat

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Croatia Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am

Commander Croatia, this is the Duke Anton come in:

Croatia here go!

DA: Sir we are getting a distress message coming from the planet. we are sending it to you now:
---------------------------------------------------------------

A large force of enemy combatants has arrived over Thera and has begun an invasion. All commanders are tasked with sending all available combat fleets to help in the defense our nation’s capital.

Croatia: can you target the transmitter source?

DA: Yes

Croatia: target it and destroy it.

DA: Sir it is coming from the palace.

Croatia: of course it is. (sarcasm in his voice ) can you target Just the antenna?

DA: Yes, but it is on top of the palace and we would probably destroy the building if we tried form here.

Croatia: are we able to get more Marines down to the planet surface yet?

DA: No, Sir. the defense grid will destroy all ships that are coming down. we have seen only one ship make it to the surface.

Croatia: OK, Captain jam the transmissions and send to all the VnV Nobles and Commanders. The following message:

Greetings Honored Nobles, and Commanders of the VnV Nation

By now you have received a message stating that Thera the capital of the VnV nation is under attack. This is correct, as of right now several of the Nobles and Commanders are now engaged with the situation. The computer on Thera has been compromised. Any transmissions that come from the planet should be considered suspect.

Right now there are hundreds of ships orbiting Thera. These ships are from Allied worlds. Part of the VnV Nation. any act of hostility toward them will be considered an act of war. If these ships are fired upon they have orders to return fire. they will destroy any ship that attacks them. I would hope you would agree that this is not what we want. But Our people will defend them selves and Thera.

Thank You,
Baron Michael Croatia

Croatia: Duke Anton, did you get that?

DA: Yes Sir.

Croatia: Send it!!
Michael Croatia
Michael Croatia
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Adhemar Darc Wed May 05, 2010 9:17 am

OCC: Gotta love it !!! This is getting good!!
Adhemar Darc
Adhemar Darc
Foreign Diplomat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum